14 November 2006

Look, a thing! #9: a night

Okay.

Even when I am stuck and I have no idea what to do and I am tired and the footage I have sucks and I'm stupidly working at home with Windows Movie Maker (duhhhhh), I am resolved to not let my videoblog become something that I stop caring about. Like, I will miss weeks, and I will have crappy things that I post just for the sake of posting, and I don't know, anything is possible... the point is that I keep it at least in the back of my mind. The point is that this is a pep talk to myself, trying to keep from becoming dispassionate about it. Because if there's one thing I love, it's plastering my shit all over the internet. I say that in the way that would once have been considered cold & heartless but is now something of an endearment. Everything shifts, moves around, changes, and this short video is a document of one night of change for this guy right here.


8 Comments:

Blogger Josh said...

rockin. Loved every second.

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I am just going to pod foward." :) I love it. playing your guitar in the backround while you are talking is sooo you. One of those subtle things you do.
Mom

8:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can convert your original wmv to mov using free online services--try http://www.zamzar.com/ . And then post the mov back to your blog. So we can watch your stuff in class where we don't have Flash!

5:05 PM  
Blogger AndrewHart said...

I thought this was sweet. I was captivated and wish it went longer. I kinda wanna go through all my old LJ post now.

11:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

good, strong. Nice save, i hope. I don't sense any dispassion though.

2:04 AM  
Blogger zach kmiec said...

fastalk is grrrreat. i agree with seth that this was some sort of "trip," in the moving around here and there and back again sort of way more than the drugs kind of way. Felt like the kind of great nonsense that happens in our brains when we're thinking without words.

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

um, i love you.

9:37 PM  
Blogger Ariana said...

watching this, i saw you in ten years. and you will be amazing.

333 Lawton Terrace
Council Bluffs, IA 51503

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home