18 October 2006

Look, a thing! #5: Music




Click for thing of video.
hoo. I took forever to put this together because I kept not feeling inspired by the stuff I shot. I started to realize that, hey, maybe I need to involve other people in my creative processes once in a while! Because other people are amazing and wonderful! But in the meantime, here's another one of me kind of, like, shooting a bunch of video and then sitting around in an editing lab for hours trying to make it work. Note: The piano lessons I took were when I was around 8-12 years old, and the big thing happend when I was I think 12 I think. Oh man. Okay. So I like editing labs but I like people too. I need to find a pleasant balance somehow.

8 Comments:

Blogger Chaz Coolington said...

I also suck at music and long to be better. Hopefully that day will come and it will further my abilities but until then your keyboard "sounds" kind of creeped me out and I dug it.

Also money tastes awful, so you were on to something.

1:57 AM  
Blogger AndrewHart said...

I really dug this post. I thought that the music and image worked really well together.

10:02 AM  
Blogger chris weagel said...

The adults put you on display like a dog and forced you to perform for strangers. Tears streaming down your face as they barked, "GREEN SLEEVES! AGAIN!"

Now you deal with the trauma by drawing crude maps on napkins.

Chris Weagel
human-dog.com

2:13 PM  
Blogger zach kmiec said...

yeah dude! I know from experience that your natural state of being is not one of particular nervous wreck-ness. glitchy DV artifact sean profile sound thing was my favorite. !

11:06 PM  
Blogger Josh said...

i loved every second. The music rocked and i too loved the inclusion of DV glitches.

12:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your overlays are actually quite riveting. The textures (i dont peticularly like that word, but im not afraid to use it here) are so great, so watchable, maybe even emotive. And I would say the sound definately works with those images. I see a disconnect between the beginning and the music, but i surely enjoyed both "sections." When you first come in on piano, but we only see you swaying...I thought that was fascinating. Nice Post...don't feel uninspired, your shots are generally very pleasing.

2:18 AM  
Blogger Aaron Valdez said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:03 PM  
Blogger Aaron Valdez said...

A+ for digital artifacts and Michael Tabor blog

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home