24 October 2006

Look, a thing! #6: Friend O'clock

I've been thinking a lot lately about how we all need other people. Like, we really really do. If we don't have other people, we lose track of a lot of aspects of ourselves. So I took some video that I shot on a couple of occasions and mashed it together to create this very messy mess. I wanted something with a lot of laughter, and this has it, and I'm glad I'm putting anything up at all, but I think by next week, I'll have a greater amount of video to choose from.

If this just looks like home movies, oh well. Because the idea is: PEOPLE, WOO.

 And apologies for a lot of the video being glitchy-looking. It looked fine the first couple of times I reviewed it. Something must have happened to the tape? I don't know.

 Music that you might hear if you listen closely includes "Wraith Pinned to the Mist and Other Games" by Of Montreal, "These Words" by Natasha Bedingfield and "Strict Machine" by Goldfrapp.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this post was like eating way too much candy in every good way. overwhelming and hyper, i do get a sense of who your friends are and that you guys like to dance in kitchens. well done.

12:02 AM  
Blogger zach kmiec said...

O! I loved the exhalation at the end, totally as if this whole video was a thought going on in your head, with a very sean reaction. the no shame laugh track didn't jump out as being culled from a different source; it really made things seem incredibly goin on.

"XOMMP!" is an appropriate word verification for this post.

12:45 AM  
Blogger Matt said...

I love how you asked if everyone had signed their contracts. Classic.

1:01 PM  
Blogger AndrewHart said...

I really liked the sigh at the end. It was like we are at the party, get introduced to all your friends really fast, and are left to fend for ourselves. It's exhausting. Good job. It was a good time.

3:27 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

your friends seem so nice and happy. Thank you for that. This is such an innocent take on friends getting together in Iowa City. Your pretext was very assisting.

1:09 AM  
Blogger M. Matthews said...

This is great. We really do need each other.

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home