07 November 2006

Look, a Democratic Party rally.

So, okay, Barak Obama is really smart. It's funny how a generic pep talk speech gets me all excited, but it did because of the seeming genuineness to it. It's pretty neat.

 
All the slow, scary business at the end isn't meant as a comment on the speakers or the party or anything, it's more like trying to kind of capture one sense of being in a crowd. I hope that's clear. I hope the election goes well. I guess by the time most of anybody sees this, it will all be over.





5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for posting that, Sean. I was out of town and therefore unable to attend the speech, so I really appreciate getting the chance to see a bit of it.

WOO!

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was powerful Sean. It felt like there was a struggle to capture the speech amid the frantic crowd, and I liked that. The speech itself was moving.

9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we are connected in a way that either of us have yet to fathom.

9:18 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

that was awesome. I think you captured the moment very well

12:35 AM  
Blogger zach kmiec said...

First of all, loved the titles, especially "listen, a crowd." I think you shouldn't have put the warning about the second half of the post in the text--it could speak for itself, I think, and ambiguity's always fun. But yeah, good stuff, and that crowd noise is totally good listening. Also a neat illustration of issues regarding context, as we don't find out until some time into the clip that Barak is paraphrasing someone who was influential to him.

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home